Using Fictional Companies and Case Studies

Subject: Using Fictional Companies and Case Studies
From: "Darren Barefoot" <darren -at- capulet -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:22:41 -0800

Hi,
I'm writing a whitepaper for a client, and including a fictional case
study. Basically, it describes the problem this invented company (we'll
call it 'Acme') has, and how my client's product solves that problem.

We want to indicate that this is a fictional company, but I'm unsure of
the wording. This is what I currently have, which is pretty lame:

"Acme (a fictional company) sells large roadrunner-killing anvils..."

Does anybody have a better suggestion? I should clarify that I am not
using the name Acme, as that's trademarked. Cheers. DB.

Darren Barefoot
Capulet Communications
Words. Words. Words.
http://www.capulet.com