Political correctness - one minority to another

Subject: Political correctness - one minority to another
From: Yaeger Hyde <y_hyde -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 20:35:34 -0800 (PST)

The recent thread about political coorectness prompts
me to observe that sometimes members of one oppressed
minority can say offensive things about another
minority -- apparently without realizing that they're
commiting the very offense they hate others to commit
against them. I remember two examples involving black
people. One was a bus driver who was driving through
Chinatown and being slowed down by the lunch time
crowd. He remarked, "Uh-oh, ruch time." The other
was someone who was telling someone else about a
diamond ring he'd bought, and told the person he'd
gotten a good price from the seller because "I jewed
him down." And that guy worked in a retiremnt home
populated largely by Jewish people and was in the
lobby of the building when he said it.

http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools