Re: RE: Help on Coordination between Engineers and Technical Witers

Subject: Re: RE: Help on Coordination between Engineers and Technical Witers
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <wswallow -at- nycap -dot- rr -dot- com>, "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:44:41 -0800

Most of these aren't technical meetings. They're strategic planning stuff,
what products should we develop, which ones under development should
be accelerated, slowed down, beheaded, etc., are we ready for release,
do we have the necessary resources, which resources can we shuffle to
make sure everything is covered, yadda, yadda, yadda. The useful info
I come away from them with and pass on to my team is which projects
they need to push harder on, which ones they can ease up on, which
engineers are being assigned to what upcoming projects, etc., and I pass
on their status reports and issues to the other managers so they can help
resolve them. The *technical* exchanges are handled at the staff level;
it's not unusual to pass one of the little conference rooms to see 2 or 3
engineers and a writer sitting around a table.

Gene Kim-Eng