Re: Tech writers and engineers

Subject: Re: Tech writers and engineers
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: 27 Feb 2004 18:16:09 GMT

The moment the OP said "too technical, we were doomed to
end up in another "non-technical technical writer" thread.
While it was certainly possible that "too technical" meant
"over the heads of the writers," it's all too common to
be sitting in a seemingly endless meeting where every
technical issue imaginable is discussed even if 90% of
the attendees have no need to be involved, usually
because the meeting coordinator (if there even is one)
isn't holding the meeting to an agenda that tells the
attendees what will be discussed and when. It's no less
frustrating for an engineer or programmer to have to sit
through such an exercise in chaos waiting for *something*
that relates to his or her work to come up than it is for
a writer.

Gene Kim-Eng