Re: Is this a typical technical writing environment?

Subject: Re: Is this a typical technical writing environment?
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: Chuck Martin <cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:34:48 -0800

Quoting Chuck Martin <cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com>:

> Actually, enough writing (that's not to say formal research) has been done
> on this subject to indicate that this assertion has mure truth that some
> might want to admit.

What you say is probably true. However, I suspect that a good tech-writer has
something of the same personality. After all, if you're investigating a piece
of software for yourself, you need a fairly logical mind for your
investigations.

However, even if tech-writers are not as logical as programmers, there's still
some common ground. For example, both professions have a tendency towards
introversion and inward motivation. Both usually see a certain amount of
creativity in their work. While they have differences, they probably have more
in common than either has with, for example, sellers or company officers.

--
Bruce Byfield bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com 604-421.7177