FAR and Help 2.x for .NET (was: .net and Help)

Subject: FAR and Help 2.x for .NET (was: .net and Help)
From: John Wilcox <JWilcox -at- zetron -dot- com>
To: 'TECHWR-L' <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 11:12:33 -0800

Help for applications developed using C# and Visual Studio .NET.

> I guess eHelp isn't aware of FAR... ;)
>
> www.helpware.net

I myself only became aware of it recently, while researching possible
upgrade paths for our help development environment. I looked at this site
rather briefly, dismissing it because:
1) Some help authors (like some programmers) want to stay as far away from
the actual code as possible, and I suspected FAR would require them to get
their hands dirty.
2) Corporately, we tend to shy away from shareware. Isn't it funny how
companies will pay a thousand bucks for something but not $45?

Are any of you help authors actually using FAR as your standard HAT, in lieu
of RoboHelp or WebWorks Publisher, where your content source is FrameMaker
files?

Regards,
John Wilcox, Technical Writer
Zetron, Redmond