RE: .net and Help

Subject: RE: .net and Help
From: "Zigo, Joy" <Joy -dot- Zigo -at- HARPERCOLLINS -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 15:35:59 -0500

A related question concerning RoboHelp Office Pro for .NET:

After not using Robohelp for any help projects for a couple of years,
our dept is now planning a couple of large (cross platform PC/Mac) web
apps. The new apps will be built with .NET.

We'll probably use some form of RoboHelp for the Help. Probably need to
upgrade from what we have (version 9). But to what?

In what sense is RH Office Pro the only RH HAT that supports .NET? Is it
that you have to use this HAT in order to have context sensive help with
a .NET app? Or in order to store the Help on the same server with a .NET
app? Or something else? Reading the ehelp/Macromedia web site, I have
not been able to determine what it is we would not be able to do unless
we lay out the extra $ for RH Office Pro for .NET

Thanks for any clarification on this.
. . . . . . . . .
Joy Zigo
Interface Architect
HarperCollins Publishers

From: John Wilcox <JWilcox -at- zetron -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 10:35:36 -0800

I'm sure glad this topic came up at this time, as I'm in pretty much in
the
same boat.

I was told by my rep at Ehelp (er, Macromedia now) that their only HAT
that
supports .NET is "RoboHelp Office Pro for .NET." In other words,
RoboHelp
for FrameMaker won't suffice. Can someone verify that RH for FM will, in
fact, suffice? (Since we haven't bought yet, this could save us a
bundle.)

Regards,
John Wilcox, Technical Writer
Zetron, Redmond

This message is intended only for the use of the individuals to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this transmission in error; any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmission is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message and all of its attachments.