RE: theory behind document usage; sage input please.

Subject: RE: theory behind document usage; sage input please.
From: "Karen Zorn" <klzorn -at- zorntech -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 15:42:53 -0700

>The problem that arises is that in
>our user manuals, there tends to be
>a lot of duplication of very simple
>information, as writers try to cover
>all possible bases in each section/
>procedure... we also tend to illustrate
>every freakin' move a user has to make
>in a procedure... even a simple
>"Click OK."

Recently I attended a presentation by Kim Rosenlof of AeroInk, Inc. Kim
works in the aerospace industry and writes documentation for pilots and
others. Her presentation discussed and presented examples of ways to
present materials to pilots to be used in an emergency situation, where
you absolutely don't want to be wading through yellow pages of
information.

Contact Kim at kim -at- areoink -dot- com and ask her about "Exemplar." You may
like her solution.

Karen L. Zorn
Zorn Technologies, Inc.
Mesa, AZ