RE: IT documentation

Subject: RE: IT documentation
From: "John Posada" <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com>
To: "k k" <turnleftatnowhere -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 14:52:34 -0500

No commentary to that extent is "right" or "wrong". Parts I'll agree
with and parts I won't. Example:

1) "Wait. Delay the creation of all documents as late as possible,
creating them just before you need them. For example, system overviews
are best written towards the end of the development of a release because
you know what you've actually built. "

My experience has been the opposite...especially when you like to meet
deadlines and commitments.

2) "No one ever got promoted for having comprehensive documentation
anyway."

If your job is to create comprehensive documentation, then if you do it
well, you are doing your job well and isn't that what some promotions
are for?

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Isogon Corporation
http://www.isogon.com

> Sorry...I don't have to believe everything someone posts to a server.

John, I don't really understand your point. Do you mean you think the
article writer's comment was wrong?
If so, why do you feel that way?