RE: IT documentation

Subject: RE: IT documentation
From: <Daniel_Hall -at- trendmicro -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 12:43:30 -0800

What struck me is that Chad Dickerson's favorite quote from Ambler is a version of Strunk and White's "Vigorous writing is concise."

This is a reason to hire a tech writer, IMO. We (should) excel at understanding complex systems and turning out clear, concise explanations of them, no matter the environment: agile, extreme, traditional...

Dan

Have something to say, and say it as clearly as you can.
That is the only secret of style. -- Matthew Arnold

Daniel Hall
Sr. Technical Writer
Trend Micro Incorporated