The Amazing Disappearing XRefs

Subject: The Amazing Disappearing XRefs
From: technical -at- theverbalist -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 13:59:13 -0700

Heya Whr-lers,
Here's a little mystery for you--I'm using Word 2000 and I've recently
upgraded to Adobe Acrobat 6, and my Word documents have many
cross-references in blue font that is applied using a character style.
Now, using AA6, documents with xrefs that pdfilized beautifully in AA5,
are losing some, but not all of their references. The xrefs are sorta
disappearing like the font's been changed to white, although you still get
the linkpointer when you hover over the big white hole in the text.

I've checked the Adobe forums, but no luck there. Would any of you have
any ides what's going on, and, more importantly, how to solve it?
,<--that's "Thanks" in white font
Mandy