Change of topic - Word problem

Subject: Change of topic - Word problem
From: k k <turnleftatnowhere -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 14:52:21 -0800 (PST)

Anyone know how to fix the current strange Word
problem...

(Word 2000 on a Windows XP system)

I had a file that just would not behave; styles and
numbered lists malfunctioned, headers and footers
would not keep their margins, spell checker
malfunctioned, etc. I finally gave up on trying to fix
the Word problems and started over. I saved the
content in an ASCII text file, using Notepad. Then I
started a new Word file and pasted in the ASCII as
unformatted text. I reinserted the graphics manually.
I manually recreated and reapplied all the same styles
that existed in the old file. Now the rebuilt file is
acting fine except for one thing: when I try to insert
an x-ref to a figure, no figures are listed in the
Cross-Reference dialog. I can make an x-ref to
everything except a figure.

Any ideas on what's wrong?

http://search.yahoo.com