Diversity and Attracting Technical Writing Pros

Subject: Diversity and Attracting Technical Writing Pros
From: Scott Abel <abelsp -at- netdirect -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 13:54:48 -0500

My name is Scott Abel. I am assisting with the creation of an article about
diversity and its impact on attracting the best technical writing talent to
organizations in geographic areas that are often perceived as conservative,
less-then-friendly places for gays and lesbians.

Specifically, I'm looking for technical communicators (straight and gay)
that have purposely decided not to take a job with a company because it --
or the city/state in which it is located -- is not as liberal as some other
firms/areas of the country.

A front-page Indianapolis Star article (published today) addresses the need
for organizations to embrace diversity in order to attract top IT talent.

The article is located here:
http://www.indystar.com/articles/8/127529-4148-092.html

If you have ever decided to NOT take a job because the organization did not
offer domestic partner benefits, a non-discrimination policy, etc. or
because the city/state in which the job was located was not perceived by you
as a tolerant place to work/live, please let me know. I'm looking for folks
who would like to be interviewed for the article. If you'd like to
participate, please let me know.

Scott Abel
Content Management Strategist
14001 Mimosa Court
Noblesville, IN 46060 USA
317-774-8623 voice
abelsp -at- netdirect -dot- net

www.thecontentwrangler.com

ROBOHELP IS THE INDUSTRY STANDARD IN HELP AUTHORING
New RoboHelp X5 includes all new features such as,
content management, multi-author support, distributed
workforce support, XML and PDF support, and much more!

Purchase new Macromedia RoboHelp X5 by March 31st and receive a
$100 mail-in rebate. http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com