Re: don't believe the hype

Subject: Re: don't believe the hype
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 12:11:05 -0600

Tell that to all the TWers on this list and especially here in Minneapolis that have no TWing job, but are working retail to survive, or have gone back to school. I talk to clients daily that don't think TWing is a skill, the programmers can do it, and they do b/c there isn't a budget for a writer.
My husband is the Manager of an Oracle Department and he also does internal tech support and after he implements 11i this year guess where his job is going? India! So his co-worker, who already works 10-12 salaried hours a day will end up doing his tech support work b/c it sure can't be done from India. So suddenly her job will be what? 15 hours a day?

I know two medical device companies locally where everyone routinely works 90, yes 90, hours per week and not for a doctors salary either.

--
Michele

I got out of Babylon, but there was no Zion. No Promised Land.
www.krautgrrl.com

Wright, Lynne wrote:

I don't think we need to get nervous about this happening, at least in the near future... i'm sure some companies will try it, but I don't think it'll fly.... we all know there are tons of people raised to speak English who can't even write properly. Do you think customers won't complain if they get manuals that are written like Japanese airport signs?