Information Mapping - Sub steps

Subject: Information Mapping - Sub steps
From: "HSC Italian" <twins398 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 13:24:02 -0600

SInce I received lots of great feedback regarding Information Mapping vs. Usability, I wanted to share with the list some information I received today, directly from Information Mapping. In addition to the email I sent to this list, I sent a separate email to Information Mapping. I had forgotten about the email to IM, but today I received two emails from them. Here is an excerpt from one of the emails I received (she is referring to the use of sub steps):

"IMI does not use these as a standard. We believe they add "visual noise" to a document and make it harder for a user to scan, skip, and retrieve."

Something you might want to file away for future reference.

Thanks again to all who responded to my question.

Heidi

Fast. Reliable. Get MSN 9 Dial-up - 3 months for the price of 1! (Limited-time Offer) http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/

ROBOHELP IS THE INDUSTRY STANDARD IN HELP AUTHORING New RoboHelp X5 includes all new features such as, content management, multi-author support, distributed
workforce support, XML and PDF support, and much more!

Purchase new Macromedia RoboHelp X5 by March 31st and receive a $100 mail-in rebate. http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com