Rational RequisitePro and document/content management

Subject: Rational RequisitePro and document/content management
From: keith -at- soltys -dot- ca
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:48:37 -0700

One of our business analysts was asking me about document or
content management software for use with Rational RequisitePro.

RequisitePro is a tool for managing software requirements. Using
RequisitePro, the business analysts can insert the text of
requirements from RequisitePro into their use case documents, which
are MS Word files. (It does _much_ more than that, too.)

They are looking for a document or content management tool that
they can use to manage different versions of use cases, preferably one
that will work directly with RequisitePro. Apparently Rational's own tool,
ClearCase, is more of a source control tool and doesn't provide the
functionality that they need. It can archive different versions of files,
but that's about it. They want versioning, differences between documents,
and possibly the ability to identify the requirements or changes in the
requirements between various versions of use cases.

If anyone has any experience in this area, please let me know. It would
probably be best to respond directly to me at keith -dot- soltys -at- tsx -dot- com, and
I'll
post a summary back to the list.

Regards
Keith

ROBOHELP IS THE INDUSTRY STANDARD IN HELP AUTHORING
New RoboHelp X5 includes all new features such as,
content management, multi-author support, distributed
workforce support, XML and PDF support, and much more!

Purchase new Macromedia RoboHelp X5 by March 31st and receive a
$100 mail-in rebate. http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com