RE: Don't believe the offshore hype?

Subject: RE: Don't believe the offshore hype?
From: "Bill Swallow" <wswallow -at- nycap -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 06:05:33 -0500

It only works if people can afford the cut. Given I'm a single income
provider for a family of 4, I can't afford to cut my salary by much without
risking selling my house.

There's no simple solution. What we're seeing is the next wave of results
from the good ol' American Dream. This country's economy was built on
"bigger, better, faster, more" and now that we've seen a cap in the US,
well, it's time for US companies to look elsewhere to at least make it
cheaper to have the same stuff.

Now, many of you might disagree with me on this next point, but here goes...

I'm all for offshoring/outsourcing to other countries. Bring it on.
Eventually, doing so will begin to level the global economy out, and maybe
someday my great great great grandkids will get to work wherever they'd like
in the world for the same salary as anyone else.

Bill Swallow
wswallow "at" nycap "dot" rr "dot" com