Re: Offshoring brouhaha

Subject: Re: Offshoring brouhaha
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:36:46 -0600

Let's talk about education. I will not argue the pros vs. cons about globalization. It is cheaper to live in India than it is in America. It's expensive FUNDING WARS. In addition, Americans do not value education. Most countries PAY for post-secondary degrees (i.e., college and university degrees) we in America have to foot our own bill.

And as many people have brought up there is still a need for unions, even in the skilled labour market.

I could go on this diatribe forever, but I am off-topic. Let's please talk about something else!!!!

Diane Boos wrote:

Pradeep A wrote:
<quote>
An interesting article from OP-ED COLUMNIST of NY
Times THOMAS L. FRIEDMAN titled The Great Indian Dream

Don't you agree?
</quote>

Like Al Grist, I've followed this thread and found it interesting. I also
read Thomas Friedman's column.

ROBOHELP IS THE INDUSTRY STANDARD IN HELP AUTHORING New RoboHelp X5 includes all new features such as, content management, multi-author support, distributed
workforce support, XML and PDF support, and much more!

Purchase new Macromedia RoboHelp X5 by March 31st and receive a $100 mail-in rebate. http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com