RE: Sarbanes-Oxley 404 Project Information - RANT

Subject: RE: Sarbanes-Oxley 404 Project Information - RANT
From: "John Posada" <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:22:57 -0500

>Yes, exactly, this is all process documentation.
>However, the difference from what we are used to
>as process documentation is that it is only
>concerned with processes that relate to getting
>financial information into the financial statements.

Guys...I gotta get this off my chest.

I was really hoping that this topic, based on Lisa's VERY excellent
overview, would become a point of discussion on the list for a few days.
I don't think others know what an impact this could make to our field
and what a impact we can make to the process...but then I guess it's not
as fun as bitching how it's THEIR fault I can't find a job.

OTOH, it does require learning something that isn't tool related.

Ya wanna surprise the crap out of some people? Understand the
regulation, then go to your CFO and ask him if s/he needs help with
documenting SOX issues.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Isogon Corporation
http://www.isogon.com

ROBOHELP FOR FRAMEMAKER AS LOW AS $299! Offer expires March 31.
Publish your FrameMaker documents online -- quickly and easily!

New licenses are only $899 for one and $499 for additional licenses.
Use a competitor's product? Switch to RoboHelp for FrameMaker
for only $299! Buy today: CALL 1-800-462-4420 or 1 858-847-7900.
Hurry, offer expires March 31 2004.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com