RE: You Could Always Move to India

Subject: RE: You Could Always Move to India
From: Gurudutt Kamath <guru -at- bom5 -dot- vsnl -dot- net -dot- in>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 16:29:22 +0530

Hello Darren,

Greetings from India.

I have not read the articles, but I think this is a good trend. More
technical writers here will mean even better technical writing standards
for us. You can enjoy the cultural and philosophical heritage of India.

It is not uncommon to see 100-200 vacancies advertised on local mailing
lists! For online content writing, big companies look for 100-200
technical writers in a single advertisement.

>From what I hear, the money is good! They may not be comparable with
what you get there! But then the cost of living in India is so much
cheaper. A burger for instance costs just 50 cents to 1 dollar!

I am currently doing a project in Bombay! I get a feeling that I am
working in America. My building is surrounded by big malls, multiplexes.
All the burger, pizza, and coffe joints are here. Indian food is really
cheap here! In a South Indian restaurant, you can get a decent breakfast
for 50 cents to 1 dollar. I remember paying 3 dollars for an Indian
pickle in an Indian restaurant in Cincinnati! Most offices in India look
like American offices that I have worked in. The roads and conditions
are much, much better today. As the government here says, India is
Shining!

Welcome to India!

Guru
http://www.documentorg.com/default.htm

Darren Barefoot suggested:
Subject: You Could Always Move to India

Slash dot article links
..that discusses how an increasing number of Americans are apparently
moving to India to follow the work.

I can't imagine that the money's good, but MonsterIndia currently lists
(http://tinyurl.com/37jf6) 193 jobs for the query 'technical writer'
throughout the country. DB.

ROBOHELP FOR FRAMEMAKER AS LOW AS $299! Offer expires March 31.
Publish your FrameMaker documents online -- quickly and easily!

New licenses are only $899 for one and $499 for additional licenses.
Use a competitor's product? Switch to RoboHelp for FrameMaker
for only $299! Buy today: CALL 1-800-462-4420 or 1 858-847-7900.
Hurry, offer expires March 31 2004.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com