Re: Contracting

Subject: Re: Contracting
From: "J. Ressler" <jressler -at- ewa-denver -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 13:38:41 -0700

Mr. Margulis said:

"If they want to pay you tech writer wages to paint an attic..."

Which was followed by other posts (naturally).

And I have a couple of thoughts on this...

1. Aren't the wages about the same these days?

2. I saw on a Painters List that someone was offered painters wages to do some tech writing, and they figured "Heck, anyone can write."

3. I might have painted the attic, but outsourced it and listened to hear if the painters bellyache about simple stuff as much as tech writers tend to.

4. I would have painted the attic until I found another job.

5. At my current job, I'd take tech writer (salary) to go work with the lab techs. The techs do some really interesting, and sometimes complicated tasks that I'd like to complete. Not just do them enough to document, but enough to say "I did that."

6. I can't believe in John Posada's post that he disagreed with Dick Margulis. I don't recall ever seeing that before, at least not so blatantly. The deities are fighting.

Now, back to work me.
(And it isn't tech writing either, I'm learning DreamWeaver.)

justin
http://www.ccicolorado.org
"Some people wait their whole lives for a miracle; we raise them one at a time."

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION. Now with Word 2003 support, Content Management, Multi-Author support, PDF and XML support and much more!
PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES March 31! Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com