Re: Tech writers, comments about.

Subject: Re: Tech writers, comments about.
From: "T. Word Smith" <techwordsmith -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 08:08:39 -0800 (PST)

Dood, quit whining. You got a new monitor as a peace
offering. Take it home and see how it works!

</jk>

Look, people have bad days--sounds like the owner
figured it out. The guy whose stuff you moved ...
well, your boss told you the desk was going so you
moved someone else's stuff. Do you chat with the guy
in question informally, around the coffee cooler,
etc.? Did he know you were going to do this? Was it
something that got crammed down his throat? How did
you use communication to mitigate the circumstances?

Besides, in the grand scheme of things, your
experience sounds a lot weaker than many that have
passed before, you just gotta try harder!!

--- dan -dot- gallagher -at- pulsartech -dot- com wrote:
<snip>
> Needless to say, the sysadmin got in a huff because
> I moved something of
> his, and he went to an owner (his boss, different
> than mine). That owner
> (not my boss) came to me and asked why I moved it. I
> told him my boss said
> so because I was getting the office to myself. Then
> this owner says "for
> what you do you have plenty of room", meaning half
> of an 8x12 office was
> enough for me "for what I do".
<snip>
> The next day I had a new big monitor in a box
> sitting on the floor in my
> office, compliments of that owner.

=====
T.

"Money makes the world go 'round is an incomplete statement; money is the fuel, and stupidity is the short bus that burns it." (Bill Swallow-02/04)

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html

PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES March 31!
Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com