RE: What's the purpose of this list?

Subject: RE: What's the purpose of this list?
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: 22 Mar 2004 17:16:14 GMT

I wouldn't say so. Most of the time, someone asking for
help with a problem will get "support and friendly advice."
But sometimes, people just need a place to vent about their
situations. And other times, people who think they need to
vent about their situations actually need a sanity check to
let them know that their situations aren't nearly as bad as
they think they are (or may be about to make them become).
There are lots of times in my life when a whack on the side
of the head from someone who knows better is the best kind
of support and friendly advice there is. OTOh, no matter
where you go, there will always be someone who's just nasty
all the time, and this place isn't any different.

Gene Kim-Eng