RE: Seeking critiques on updated Web site

Subject: RE: Seeking critiques on updated Web site
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: 23 Mar 2004 18:16:57 GMT

I've always hated websites with splash pages that say
"Click here to enter site." My first thought is always,
"Aren't I already *in* the site if I'm reading this?"
Yours is better than those that show nothing but a logo
and a "click here" link, but it seems to me that the
welcome message could just as easily be in the place that
"What is Technical Communications?" occupies, with "What
is...?" one of the items on the menu bar, especially
since the site menu link on the splash page is already
duplicated there.

OTOH, it's already a lot more informative than my site
just as it is...

Gene Kim-Eng