Re: Quark compatibility question

Subject: Re: Quark compatibility question
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 12:25:12 -0600

Hi Susan,

Having worked cross-platform from my G4 Powerbook to my PC desktop with Quark, Word, and Excel I can tell you I've had no problems at all. My Quark documents have ranged from graphically heavy calendars, and direct mail brochures to heavy text and table documents. HTH, Michele

PS: I've heard nothing but good things about InDesign, but I know one of the hospital presses I work for had some compatibility issues on a Mac between Quark and InDesign.

--
Michele

"too dangerous to keep, too evil to let go," the church
www.krautgrrl.com

Dick Margulis wrote:

Susan W. Gallagher wrote:

Without starting any tool or platform wars...

I'm about to inherit a slew of marketing documents that are in Quark on the Mac. I'm a regular Windows user, but there are
a couple of under-utilized Macs in-house that I could share.

So, should I order Quark for Mac and be on the safe side
despite the inconvenience of having to share a machine? Or
is the compatibility between the two platform versions good
enough that I can buy Quark for Windows without any x-platform
worries???

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION. Now with Word 2003 support, Content Management, Multi-Author support, PDF and XML support and much more!
PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES March 31! Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com