Re: Creative, and Certified too

Subject: Re: Creative, and Certified too
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 22:10:42 -0400

Johan Hiemstra wrote:
> I think if they meant a technical certification they would have
> mentioned explicitly which they prefer. I.e. MCSE, MCSD, or
> non-Microsoft certifications such as those from Cisco and CompTIA.
>
> Perhaps they have someone else working for them who earned some
vague
> technical writer certification. ;)

Yes, and I totally misread the initial post. Sorry about that. Now
that I've calmed down a bit, I'd just like to say that it seems more
like a good sign than a bad sign. To me it means that management is at
least aware that there's a difference between calling oneself a writer
and knowing principles of technical writing and being able to employ
them.

---
Bonnie Granat
www.granatedit.com
Technical Editing and Writing

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION!!

Have you tried the latest in Help Authoring from RoboHelp?
Try ROBOHELP X5 for Free - Now with Word 2003 support, Content

Download a free trial today: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com