Link to PDF in WebWorks Publisher output

Subject: Link to PDF in WebWorks Publisher output
From: "Chuck Martin" <cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 09:22:36 -0700

I can't figure out how to do this from reading the FrameMaker online help.

It's been mandated that we want to create a link to our User Guide PDF
file from the WebWorks Help output we're creating. To make things
simple, the installer will put the PDF file in the same root folder as
the WebWorks Help system.

What I want to do is create a link on the "front" page (and only
there) that will convert to a standard HTML link to open a PDF file
(and do it in a separate window), and create the link within
FrameMaker so it will not appear in the PDF output itself.

The Hypertext Link marker doesn't appear to support the target=
attribute, but then, I don't know what HTML it will create. The only
example given is that if a standard URL.

Chuck Martin
User Assistance & Experience Engineer
twriter "at" sonic "dot" net www.writeforyou.com

"I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. The day
may come when the courage of Men fail, when we forsake our friends and
break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day! This day, we fight!"
- Aragorn

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given you."
- Gandalf

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION!!

Have you tried the latest in Help Authoring from RoboHelp?
Try ROBOHELP X5 for Free - Now with Word 2003 support, Content

Download a free trial today: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com