RE: FUNNY OFFSHORE STORY

Subject: RE: FUNNY OFFSHORE STORY
From: "John Posada" <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 11:22:33 -0400

-----Original Message-----

John Posada wrote:
>> The integrity of one's closest colleagues on a job is of primary
>> importance.
>
> You can't be "on a job" if you don't get the job. In an interview,
> the primary importance is to get the job using all legal
> means possible.

Do you think it's fair to blame the victim, especially when you have
zero facts?

============================

Everything has facts and the applicable facts vary according to the
person's perspective. If there are ten facts, you may care about eight
of them and I care about eight of them...the difference is, the two that
you don't care about are included on the list of those that I do.

I said it was my opinion. My opinion is based on my perception of facts
that are important to me. EVERYONE makes a decision on the
interpretation of the facts as they see them and based on what's
important to them.

Don't loose sight of the topic of this thread...it is the basis for
which facts are applied and which facts are immaterial.

When you are interviewing, what you say is interpreted by the person
listening, so avoid anything that can be interpreted in a way counter to
what you want. Remember the four realities.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Isogon Corporation
http://www.isogon.com

"Impossible is just a big word
thrown around by small men
who find it easier to live in a world
they've been given than to explore
the power they have to change it.
Impossible is not a fact...it's an opinion
Impossible is nothing"

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION!!

Have you tried the latest in Help Authoring from RoboHelp?
Try ROBOHELP X5 for Free - Now with Word 2003 support, Content

Download a free trial today: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com