RE: FUNNY OFFSHORE STORY

Subject: RE: FUNNY OFFSHORE STORY
From: "Stephen Arrants" <steve -at- microbrightfield -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 11:57:57 -0400

bryan johnson writes:
> I personally believe that I produce higher quality manuals
> than that of my competition.
[...]
> The Customer Satisfaction
> department reports few complaints for manuals produced over
> the last five years. So I feel my track record will hold for
> producing quality manuals. In addition, the manuals for
> products produced five years ago are still being ordered
> today, while the actual product is no longer available.

But...corporations often make cost/quality tradeoffs that can mean lower
quality for less money (for them). Some have decided that acutal or
perceived lower quality documentation is acceptable. The customer
complaints can be handled, product support can (or will) handle the
increase in calls, etc.

If a company doesn't value quality, it probably doesn't matter how much
YOU do.

Steve arrants

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION!!

Have you tried the latest in Help Authoring from RoboHelp?
Try ROBOHELP X5 for Free - Now with Word 2003 support, Content

Download a free trial today: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com