Re: Need some ideas?

Subject: Re: Need some ideas?
From: "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 18:34:37 -0400

Geoff Hart, of all people, wrote:

* There are certainly cases where an audience's sex is important. For example, ever wondered why the lines outside the women's washroom during the intermission at a play are 10 times as long as the lines outside the men's washroom? Because architects are oblivious to the fact that women and men are "setters and pointers", respectively, and thus, women inherently take longer in the bathroom on average. But do they build three times as many stalls for women as they do for men?

Architects LOVE symmetry. Except for the ones that love asymmetry. But I think when it comes to restrooms, they all love symmetry more.

I'm not sure where I heard this, but I have the awful feeling it was from Jared Spool during one of his presentations, explaining how to locate the facilities, that "In a large building, bathrooms are always adjacent in one of three dimensions."

Mike O.

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION!!
Have you tried the latest in Help Authoring from RoboHelp?
Try ROBOHELP X5 for Free - Now with Word 2003 support, Content Management, Multi-Author support, PDF and XML support and much more!
Download a free trial today: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com