RE: Saving a FrameMaker book as a Word file

Subject: RE: Saving a FrameMaker book as a Word file
From: "Mike Hiatt" <mhiatt -at- vocaldata -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 19:48:15 -0500

Chuck,

You'll need Acrobat 5.0 or later (I don't think 4.x let you do this) to do a Save As and select rtf as the file type for saving your PDF as rtf. If you want the graphics (if there are any) you will have to export them from the PDF is a second step.

Other options are to purchase miftogo or Filtrix and convert the Frame files to Word files. Both do the job and preserve much of the formating and the graphics in position.

I haven't used miftogo, but many here will vouch for it. I have used Filtrix and it does a pretty good job. There will be some cleanup, but then, you're changing file formats.

Mike Hiatt
Manager, Tech Pubs
VocalData, Inc.
Dallas, TX (yep, that one)