RE: Why should a tech writer learn XML?

Subject: RE: Why should a tech writer learn XML?
From: "T. Word Smith" <techwordsmith -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 18:04:44 -0700 (PDT)

XML? eXtra Marketing Literature? Because you don't
plan on using it. Or, because there are other skills
you want to develop first, like VBA. Or, because you
are satisfied with where you are in your career.
Because it still is not here for documentation
(though, it is closer than it was in 2000). d) All of
the above, and more, would be reasonable. I'd go to
this for the doughnuts and coffee, though.

I think the original poster asked the wrong question,
though. I think they wanted reasons to persuade a boss
the training was good and worthwhile. I'd still use
the doughnuts angle, and throw in that keeping me out
of the office for a day or two might not be such a bad
idea ....

--- Bill Swallow <wswallow -at- nycap -dot- rr -dot- com> wrote:

> Why should you NOT learn XML?

=====
T.

"Money makes the world go 'round is an incomplete statement; money is the fuel, and stupidity is the short bus that burns it." (Bill Swallow-02/04)

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION!!

Have you tried the latest in Help Authoring from RoboHelp?
Try ROBOHELP X5 for Free - Now with Word 2003 support, Content

Download a free trial today: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com