Ooops.... posted my humor to the wrong list....

Subject: Ooops.... posted my humor to the wrong list....
From: Steven Oppenheimer <steven -at- oppenheimercommunications -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 15:40:58 -0400

Ahh! First I post a message to the wrong list, and get flamed by a few people. Then I try to post an apology, and it bounces. Then I try to *repost* the apology, and it bounces again... One more time, maybe this will work:

=======

I just posted a whole thing about an HR posting, which I thought was pretty funny, and proposed a "competition" to come up with something better.

Several people wrote to say that was not appropriate for this list. My reply is two-fold:

1. I did screw up. I was thinking of posting my humor to GMS, another list-serve that deals with writing, but where people go off-topic on all kinds of tangents -- including humorous ones -- all the time. In my thrill at this new item of cleverness I created, I confused GMS with techwr-l, and posted to the wrong list. Sorry about that, really.

2. On the other hand, to the people who said it's not funny... actually, it is, providing you can learn to poke fun at the darker side of the human condition. (And the actual, original post, which I quoted from the HR list, was really very funny, in an unintentional way.) So, smile!

Anyway, my sincere regrets for posting it to the more business-oriented techwr-l list, it won't happen again. I'll take it over to GMS, where I think it will be appreciated.

Steven Oppenheimer
Oppenheimer Communications
Technical and Business Writing: From Complexity To Clarity
Steven -at- OpComm -dot- com www.OpComm.com (301) 468-9233

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION!!
Have you tried the latest in Help Authoring from RoboHelp?
Try ROBOHELP X5 for Free - Now with Word 2003 support, Content Management, Multi-Author support, PDF and XML support and much more!
Download a free trial today: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com