RE: Offshoring Tracker Launched (fwd)

Subject: RE: Offshoring Tracker Launched (fwd)
From: "Mike Bradley" <mbradley -at- techpubs -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 11:12:32 -0700

> The bulk of the work would be done by the less
> expensive offshore workers, but a smaller set of managers,
> editors, etc.
> would do the QA and maintain standards to an agreed level.

What you're proposing is pretty how tech pubs offshoring has been
described to me. A core of editors and managers remain here while the
writing is done offshore. The US core reviews, edits, fixes, etc., the
writing and identifies training issues to relay to the offshore
department.

= Mike Bradley
Tech Pubs
www.techpubs.com

PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES April 30th!
Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com