Can't link from HTML Help or PDFs to PDF "destinations"

Subject: Can't link from HTML Help or PDFs to PDF "destinations"
From: "Vander Sluis, Mic" <Mic -dot- VanderSluis -at- Eclipsys -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 13:38:52 -0400

I've been trying to link to PDF destinations. I've established destinations
in PDFs, according to the Acrobat instructions, but I'll be darned if I can
get any form of linkage to work, either from another PDF or from a CHM file!
The links to PDF page numbers (#page=pagenumber) don't work either.

I've tried to link to PDF destinations:

A) From other PDFs. I used the instructions in Acrobat, but the link only
opens the target PDF at the start page, and doesn't go to the destination!

B) From hyperlinks (href links) in pure HTML files. I've used the following
link syntax:

Standard syntax:

Excluding nameddest= from the syntax:

C) From hyperlinks in HTML Help files (.chm files). I tried all permutations
of file and web link formats, plus the syntax options listed above... nada!

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Or is there a bug on Acrobat side, HTML
Help engine side, or on the RoboHELP side?

Thanks,

Mic Vandersluis
707-541-2555

PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES April 30th!
Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com