Re: Transparent backgrounds in Photoshop

Subject: Re: Transparent backgrounds in Photoshop
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 08:12:26 -0400

Mike Jueneman wrote:

I'm having trouble making the background transparent
in Photoshop 7.0 (PC version). I've tried deleting
the background layer and using the Help > Export
Tranparent Image function, but when I bring the images
into my desktop publishing program (PageMaker 7.0) I
still get the white box around the image. Any
help/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Mike,

The transparent background is there. The white box is an artifact of the way PageMaker displays preview images. If you print the publication to a PostScript printer, the background will be transparent as desired. If you do not have a PostScript printer available, export to PDF from PageMaker and print the PDF.

Dick

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION. Now with Word 2003 support, Content Management, Multi-Author support, PDF and XML support and much more!
PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES April 30th! Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com