Re: What does $3 a page mean to you?

Subject: Re: What does $3 a page mean to you?
From: "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 23:37:32 -0400

Bonnie Granat wrote:

Does it mean $3 per manuscript page that you edit?
Does it mean $3 per final book page?
The publisher for whom I just edited a book quoted "$3 a page" as the
rate, and I assumed it was per manuscript page. Now that I'm getting
ready to submit my invoice I'm told to "Please take the total
manuscript pages and multiply by .75 to get the
book pages."

I've written to the publisher...

Just skip all the debate and send them an invoice ASAP for "$3 per page edited." Don't add anything about book pages vs. manuscript pages; and don't discuss it any more with them by phone or in writing.

Once you have an invoice on the table then you have a leg to stand on. Either they pay it or they don't. If they don't then at least you know what your options are. Hey, maybe they'll just pay it.

Mike O.

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION. Now with Word 2003 support, Content Management, Multi-Author support, PDF and XML support and much more!
PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES April 30th! Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com