Re: Are there any global standards for User Interface Design?

Subject: Re: Are there any global standards for User Interface Design?
From: "L." <beantown_tw -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 05:57:27 -0700 (PDT)

I think a related question is:

Are there any international standards and guidelines
regarding the prior knowledge and experience that are
to be expected of a person assigned the title "Senior
Executive of Technical Documentation"?

Regarding user interfaces, I think the overall answer
would normally be to start at a low-level position,
work hard, make an effort learn from your office
colleagues, and work your way up.

Sometimes I wonder why such questions even garner
legitimate responses from list members when it is
obvious that the people asking have not searched the
Web for ideas, opened a book on the topic of technical
communication, or attended a class or seminar to
further their skills -- all while they ride the wave
of being an off-shored "Senior Executive of Technical
Documentation" on the basis of our collective years of
experience and knowledge.

I'm quite confident that the eloquent and well-planned
answers many of these phonies pose are quoted verbatim
at the next international conference call with the
boss, thus using our work, skills, and knowledge to
bolster the offshoring argument.

Happy Friday.
__________________________

Hi,
Are there global standards or parameters that you need
to follow while
designing the User Intrface of a software product? Are
there guidelines
according to the latest international standards that
help you design the
User Interface?

Please help at the earliest.

Thanks and Regards,
Abhijit Sinha,
Senior Executive-Technical Documentation,
Newgen Software Technologies Limited,
NewDelhi, India

http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/print_splash

PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES April 30th!
Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com