RE: Comparing the MS Word normal style on two computers?

Subject: RE: Comparing the MS Word normal style on two computers?
From: "Goldstein, Dan" <DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 17:18:51 -0400

Forgetting the OS for now, are you both using the same version of Word?

When you select Tools|Templates and Add-Ins, is the "Automatically Update
Document Styles" check box selected? It should *never* be.

Are you both viewing in Print Layout?

And leaving all that aside... Since she does everything in Normal style and
uses manual formatting, it's likely that no one will see the document
exactly as she sees it.

Keep in mind that the Normal style is only a small subset of the Normal.dot
template, which is itself a collection of many styles, not to mention
toolbars, menus, Autotext, etc. All of your customization is stored in
Normal.dot by default.

Perhaps WordPad would be a better solution than Word.

-- Dan Goldstein

PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES April 30th!
Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com