Re: Rant

Subject: Re: Rant
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 10:01:00 -0700

As someone else mentioned, it may be that the people interviewing you
don't have much experience interviewing temps or contractors and are
just flying on autopilot. Or, it may be that their management wants
even the temps and contractors to understand the company's corporate
marching orders and be putting their efforts into advancing whatever
part of it they're working on. They may have had some unhappy past
experiences with "consultants" who turned their tech writing projects
into something that looked more like a handout from a Whole Life
Expo booth even after they were handed the company style guide and
a sample of what their finished project should be, and are looking for
people who will commit to producing documents that support the
company's goals and not their own personal concepts of what
documentation should be.

Gene Kim-Eng