RE: Great piece on marketing collateral

Subject: RE: Great piece on marketing collateral
From: "John Posada" <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 15:11:48 -0400

I'm not sure I understand the question (as soon as I come across
immutable and superiority both in the same sentence, my mind glazes
over), but let me answer what I THINK was asked.

I addressed the statement, that in effect, paraphrased, said that once a
user has our product, they don't need to be addressed my marketing any
more, because they bought the product and we have the money.

All I'm saying is that's not true anymore. In almost any computer
related purchasing situation, you need to continually market to that
customer. Big softwares have yearly maintenance and upgrades to buy, and
buying an upgrade isn't just buying new features. Upgrades are necessary
when a new OS is released.

Even MI with MS Office. An enterprise buys 10,000 seats of Office. A new
version comes out. It isn't a foregone conclusion that the enterprise
will buy the new version. They may not, they may skip a version, or they
may consider oppenoffice.org.

As far as the association to documentation and autopdating and new
marketing approaches, sorry, you lost me.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Isogon Corporation
http://www.isogon.com
"Realizing Your Business Goals
Through Software Asset Management"

PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES April 30th!
Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com