RE: Re: Hiring a Technical Editor

Subject: RE: Re: Hiring a Technical Editor
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: 05 May 2004 17:38:57 GMT

I'd have to agree with John's assessment. This posting
could be misconstrued as the lead-in to one of those
"does anyone on this list know how to solve my problem?"
threads rather than a job posting. Also, the individual
asking what you meant by SOX could simply have wanted to
know if you had a question about SOX as in "Schema for
Object-oriented XML," "Sarbane-OXley," or "Systemics
Open Transactions" (yes, I know the last one doesn't
have an "X" in it, but nevertheless, that's what the
protocol is called), and the wording of his question
would have been perfectly natural if he had knowledge
of one SOX or another and just wanted to know if his
was the one you needed help with. You may have bitten
his head off prematurely.

Gene Kim-Eng