RE: Re: question about contracting

Subject: RE: Re: question about contracting
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: 07 May 2004 16:49:54 GMT

Based on the additional information you've posted, then
if you're unwilling to expend the effort needed to learn
the additional skills on your time, the thing to do is
advise the client of your belief that a mutual error
was made in deciding that your background was a good
match for their requirements and that the best interests
of the project might be served by requesting a replacement
with more specific skills from your vendor. Assure them
that you will do the best you can to keep the project
moving while they consider their options, and that whether
they decide to replace you or keep you on they will get
the best work you can provide for as long as you are on
the job.

Presented with a scenario like this one, I would start
looking for a replacement ASAP, because if you believe
that you will not successfully complete this project,
you will probably find a way to make that belief come
true.

Gene Kim-Eng