JavaHelp with Help & Manual/RoboHelp

Subject: JavaHelp with Help & Manual/RoboHelp
From: "David " <henrietta -dot- street -at- iname -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 08:35:46 -0500

Hi all -
I've searched the archives on this, but must come cap in hand to the list with my query. I'm just in the door in a new job, and part of the new assignment will be producing Help for an application front-ended in Java. (Back end is mostly in C++ I think.) I haven't worked in a java environment before, and I have a few hopefully quick questions:

* My first impulse is to put in a purchase order for Robohelp Office x5, which I'm well used to -- can anyone advise on X5's JavaHelp capability, specifically re: dialog-box level and (maybe) field-level context sensitivity?
* My new employers have been using "Help & Manual 3" (a tool I'm not familiar with) for authoring the application Help thus far. They haven't added context-sensitive Help yet. Anyone familiar with Help & Manual (sometimnes aka HelpMan) and its c-s help capabilities?
* On a tangent, our current Java front-end opens Help as a CHM file. General question: is full HTML Help (inc. context sensitivity) compatible with Java apps?

'preciate it, a lot,
David

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm