RE: RE: Single Spacing, Double Spacing, and Doing It Ones Own Way

Subject: RE: RE: Single Spacing, Double Spacing, and Doing It Ones Own Way
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: 13 May 2004 17:17:55 GMT

I don't know about that one. It seems to me that eye
movement is a learned reflex and therefore will vary
from reader to reader depending upon how one is
taught to read, and that all punctuation, whether
developed by professionals or amateurs, is still
a "typographical and linguistic trick to guide the
reading process." The only thing about it that "bugs"
me is people who insist on arguing that their preference
provides a real, practical benefit over someone else's
without any verifiable data to back them up.

Gene Kim-Eng