Re: Technical Writing Overview

Subject: Re: Technical Writing Overview
From: Steven Brown <stevenabrown -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 07:21:57 -0700 (PDT)

Yep, we're an obscure bunch of folks. Someone else
offered the best response I've heard yet when asked
what it is we do: "I write books about computers."
That's worked well for me.

As a profession, we and the organizations that
represent us have done a poor job explaining and
promoting technical communication. We need to be much
more proactive about publishing articles in magazines
and journals that are read by IT managers,
programmers, QA analysts, and the leaders in the
industries in which we work.

Steven Brown

http://promo.yahoo.com/sbc/

>From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed