FrameMaker chapter file size limitation?

Subject: FrameMaker chapter file size limitation?
From: "Gregg Puckett" <gap -at- tonesoft -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 16:25:26 -0700

Have any of you run across this message in FrameMaker 6:

"File named xxxx.yyy may be too large to open using available memory. OK to
try anyway?"

This seems to happen when chapter files get to about 32MB. The files in
question are cram-packed with bitmap screen captures.

If I "try anyway," it seems to save OK, but this message makes me too
suspicious to continue.

I can't find any reference to this in FrameMaker documentation or on the
Adobe website. Any clues what I can do in this situation? Am I safe t just
go ahead and keep stuffing big BMP files into this chapter file?

Thanks.

>From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed
http://www.doctohelp.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com