Re: Free, powerful graphics tool

Subject: Re: Free, powerful graphics tool
From: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- oddpost -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 21:25:48 -0700 (PDT)

Ed,

Microsoft has had its databases hacked many times. Thus, even if it were not Microsoft, your info could easily wind up in St. Petersburg or elsewhere. Which is where, by the way, the Windows 2000 development code went over the course of a few months during its final development--unnoticed for all that time by Microsoft "security".

Sorry, I simply don't trust them with any personal info outside of a Webmail-based email I used to register my copy of Win 2000. Since I must use Windows for some things, I keep that one as up to date as possible.

Of course, on my personal machine I am not so, uh, "trusting" as to use IE or any of their mail programs, either.

David

-----Original Message from Ed Wurster <eawurster -at- hotmail -dot- com>-----

David Neeley wrote:
> Of course, it also requires a Microsft Passport registration--which
> to me is something of a turn-off.
>
> David

It's free. I've had a MS Passport for a several years and nothing bad has
happened because of it.

Ed

>From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed
http://www.doctohelp.com