Re: Powerpoint > Extracting figures/images

Subject: Re: Powerpoint > Extracting figures/images
From: Dick Margulis <margulisd -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 10:37:31 -0400

dan -dot- gallagher -at- pulsartech -dot- com wrote:

Hi folks,
I'm down on one knee, I'm not worthy, your greatness. My tools are the
worst, Macintoshes suck and I'm a bad tech writer, ok, there, I criticized
myself so you don't need to. Now may I submit a query to the great ones?

Bill, thanks again for telling me how to get the figures out of a word
document.

Does anyone know how, or if it's possible to extract figures or images from
a Powerpoint presentation?

Bowing on exit. Thank you. I'm forever indebted to you.

Dan, you ignorant slut, ... Oh, wait, that was Jane, wasn't it ...

PowerPoint, much as I despise it, actually does let you get the graphics out of it fairly gracefully and in a number of different ways.

For one, you can go the HTML export route as with a Word doc. That strikes me as more of a PITA than it's worth unless you have a particular need for which it turns out to be the most efficient pathway.

You can copy an image and paste it as a new document in Photoshop.

You can copy a diagram/chart/table/drawing (as opposed to an image) and paste it into an open document in Illustrator. This is particularly useful if you want to clean up typography, convert to CMYK for offset printing, or just use some salesperson's PPT sketch as the basis for a cleaner piece of art.

You can also paste any of the above EMF objects directly into PageMaker (with the understanding that all such objects are RGB and are thus suitable only for printing on office printers, not for sending to an offset press).

And, of course, you can copy and paste anything into Word and export the images from there if you prefer.

in Help authoring technology, featuring Word 2003 support, Content Management, Multi-Author support, PDF and XML support and much more! http://www.macromedia.com/go/techwrldemo
From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed
http://www.doctohelp.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com