Re: Common courtesy from your neighbors!?!?

Subject: Re: Common courtesy from your neighbors!?!?
From: Peter Gold <peter -at- knowhowpro -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 08:18:01 -0500

<pun> I guess I opened up a rat's nest, eh?</pun>

Seriously, I also made the point that efficiency is a bottom-line issue.

At 08:00 AM 6/17/2004, Dick Margulis wrote:

Have you also tried just asking for common courtesy from your neighbors? If you have, and it hasn't gotten anywhere, it's also something to discuss with HR.

<curmudgeon>That could be an interesting and stimulating discussion, assuming the HR person you are having the discussion with has a clue as to what you're talking about. But I'm inclined to consign common courtesy from neighbors to the dustbin of obsolete Victorian mores. As far as I can tell, the concept simply doesn't register on anyone born after 1956. It would be more productive to discuss specific behaviors and specific penalties or rewards for those behaviors. Neighbors can, for the most part, still be conditioned like rats.</curmudgeon>

Regards,

Peter Gold
Adobe Certified Expert: FrameMaker, Acrobat, InDesign
KnowHow ProServices
www.knowhowpro.com
Voice: 612.823.7113
FAX: 1-413-832-3550

in Help authoring technology, featuring Word 2003 support, Content Management, Multi-Author support, PDF and XML support and much more! http://www.macromedia.com/go/techwrldemo
COMPONENTONE DOC-TO-HELP 7 PROFESSIONAL: From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed documentation. New version offers yearly subscription service, Natural Search, Modular TOC Utility, Image Map Editor, Theme Designer, Context String Editor, plus more. http://www.componentone.com/doctohelp .

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com